Website Terms & Conditions of Use (SEL – 13/8/14)
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- The content of some pages of this website is not suitable for children. If you aged under 18 please seek parental guidance before accessing this website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Music & Book Piracy is theft. Please respect the Artists hard work and creativity by purchasing legitimate copies of recorded and printed material and continuing to support their work.
Privacy – How We Use Your Information
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws. Strata Entertainment Ltd is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us by any of the following means:
- phone us on: +44 (0)1225 768050;
- e-mail us using our contact page form.
- write to us at: Anwoth House, 41 Cockhill, Trowbridge, Wilts, BA14 9BG
When contacting us, please remember to quote your name and contact details along with any order or correspondence reference you may have.
Children: We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collect about you
When you make purchases from Strata Shop we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your name, age and sex;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone, fax and e-mail details;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- your communication and shopping preferences;
- your browsing and online shopping activities; and
- your date of birth.
We may also collect some or all of the above personal data about you when you access and browse this Website including when you sign up to receive Strata Books newsletters.
We do not collect, process or store any credit/debit card payment details. All payments are processed securely on our behalf by Paypal checkout.
How we may store and use your information
Strata Entertainment Ltd (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud preventation and related purposes).
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because Strata Entertainment has gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
What’s A Cookie?
Cookies are small, usually randomly encoded, text files that help your browser navigate through a website. The cookie file is generated by the site you’re browsing and is accepted and processed by your computer’s browser software. The cookie file is stored in your browser’s local folder or subfolder.
Your browser accesses the cookie file again when you visit the website that created the cookie file. The browser uses the information stored in the cookie file to help ease your navigation of the website by letting you sign in automatically or remembering settings you selected during your earlier visits to the website, among many other functions.
Any particular website cannot access information on your computer other than its cookie. The cookie is not executable code so it doesn’t have any “life” of its own, other than being used by the website that created it. A cookies use is limited to helping your browser process the information located on the website.
- to enable us to simplify the signing in process for registered users
- to help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users
- to provide the mechanisms for online shopping
- to enable website traffic monitoring.
This information helps us analyse data about web page traffic. It also allows us to improve our website so we can make it more responsive to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis.
E-mail newsletter preferences and text alerts
We provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive e-mail newsletters. To unsubscribe from an email newsletter, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter you have received from Strata Books.
We ensure credit and debit card safety by using the latest security measures to protect your details when you shop with us. All orders are processed securely using payment service provider PAYPAL, who collect and validate your credit/debit card information on their secure payment pages using 128-bit SSL Software. Credit card details are processed on PAYPAL secure servers and complete credit card details are not accessible to Strata Books.
Personal data you enter when you register an account are also encrypted. Secure pages are indicated by:
- the web address changing from “http://” to “https://”
- the “padlock” symbol (or key) appearing in either the bottom right-hand status bar of your web browser or on the right hand side of the browser address bar
You can view all pages on Strata Books over a secure connection by typing the prefix https:// before any page on our domain name.
Store Terms & Conditions (SEL – 13/8/14)
Shipping & Delivery
We aim to despatch all orders to UK, EU and International customers within 2 days but in some circumstances this may take longer. In the unlikely event that your order cannot be fulfilled within 30 days, we will contact you to offer a refund, a revised delivery date, or, where applicable, substitute goods.
Orders (with the exception products shown as ‘pre-order’ items) are usually received by customers as follows:
- UK: within 2 to 5 days from despatch
- EU: within 7 to 12 days from despatch
- INTERNATIONAL: within 10 to 14 days from despatch
If your goods have not arrived within 20 days of placing your order, please contact us: support(at)stratashop.co.uk. You must notify us within a maximum of 60 days to claim a refund in the unlikely event your order does not arrive. Bulk orders or trade purchases may be subject to alternative delivery arrangements by agreement with the purchaser.
Orders to UK customers are sent by First Class Royal Mail and to Europe and Rest of World by standard airmail.
Shipping is charged on a per book basis as displayed according to the destination delivery address. You can request an estimate of the shipping costs from the Shopping Cart screen. We reserve the right to amend shipping charges for bulk orders subject to agreement with the buyer – we will contact you if your order falls into this category.
If your delivery address is outside of the EU, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you.
NB. Please ensure that your shipping address details are correct and if using Paypal that your shipping address is up-to-date. We are not responsible for orders with incorrect or missing information should they not reach you. If you believe you have submitted incorrect postal information in error please contact us immediately and we will do our best to update the order details. However, if your order has already despatched then a refund cannot be made.
Please do not use the ‘comments’ section of the checkout screen to leave special requests regarding delivery (e.g. ‘leave with a neighbour’). Items are sent using UK and International Postal networks and we are not able to respond to individual requests over and above standard delivery. You are responsible for ensuring that the shipping address supplied is able to receive post or for collecting items returned at a local post office/depot if goods are returned there after a failed delivery and pending collection.
1.2 Pre-order items
All ‘Pre-order’ items will be shipped according to the release date information given on the individual product description. Please note that payment for pre-order items will be processed and debited from your debit/credit card at the time of purchase, regardless of final shipping date. Please do not contact us regarding the shipping/delivery of pre-order items before the stated product release date and standard shipping time has passed. Our standard Refunds & Returns policy applies to pre-order items.
Download items (e.g. song tracks) are available immediately after payment has been received and then for a period of 14 days. Please ensure you download any purchases during this period.
We hope you will not be disappointed with your order. If you have any concerns please drop us an email and we’ll always try to help. Otherwise, you’ll find that our Returns & Refunds policy is guided by the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014.
For customers in the EU, your right to cancel an order begins when you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods. Customers may cancel an order and receive a full refund in either of the following circumstances:
1) You cancel your order within 14 days of receipt of the order confirmation email. The confirmation email is sent by Strata Books immediately after your order has been processed. You may also receive a payment confirmation from Paypal which processes payments securely on behalf of Strata Books. A full refund will be made within 14 days of receipt of cancellation in writing (by email or letter). Please note that if your order has already despatched you are liable for the cost of returning the goods to Strata Books in their original condition.
2) You cancel your order within 14 working days of receiving the product. Except where faulty or incorrect items have been received, all items must be returned at your own expense and in excellent condition. You will be entitled to receive a refund within 14 days of the returned goods being received by Strata Books or you providing evidence of having returned the goods (e.g. a proof of postage receipt from the post office), whichever is the sooner.
Order cancellations and refunds must be requested within the timeframe indicated above by email to support(at)stratashop(dot)co(dot)uk. Please quote your full name, order number and shipping address.
The following products are excluded from our returns policy and can only be returned in accordance with your legal rights.Refunds cannot be offered in respect of:
- CDs, DVDs, Books where the original shrink wrapping has been broken or removed. Please refer to product description to determine whether an item is shrink-wrapped.
- CDs/DVDs/Books sold without shrink-wrapping
- Personalised products e.g. signed items, personalised messages specified by the customer handwritten or printed onto merchandise.
- Products which are sold as digital downloads once download has been attempted. * You acknowledge that your right to cancel a digital download is invalidated if a download is attempted within the initial 14 days cancellation period.
2.2 Returning items by post
Please return items using your local postal services. Goods must be returned within 14 days and in excellent condition. They will have to be returned at your cost unless in accordance with your legal rights. Please obtain a Post Office receipt as proof of postage. Refunds for items returned by post can only be credited to the original card used for payment. If the item was a gift, the refund will go back to the sender. Please send returned items in their original packaging, marked as “returned goods” to: Strata Books, Anwoth House, 41 Cockhill, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 9BG, United Kingdom
International Customers: When you return goods, please mark your parcel as “returned goods” otherwise it may be delayed at Customs. This could cause your refund to be delayed.
2.3 Returning Damaged or Faulty Goods
If you are returning goods due to a fault or damage on the part of Strata Books, you can exercise your legal rights.
In the case of a claimed refund in exercise of your legal rights, we will refund the purchaser with the price paid for the goods. If the faulty item constituted the entire order or if all items delivered were faulty or damaged, the original delivery charge will be repaid. We will refund the recipient with the cost of returning the item via their local post office up to a maximum cost of GB £10.00 per kg. (a receipt must be obtained). If the recipient has paid import duty, it will be repaid on a pro rata basis. The recipient should contact us to arrange their refund. This returns policy does not affect your legal and statutory rights.
We can also arrange a replacement of the same item if it is still available. Please contact us to discuss options by sending an email in the first instance to support(at)stratashop(dot)co(dot)uk .
(Refunds & Returns: Last Updated 13/08/2014)
3.1 Payments are processed securely via Paypal. You will be transferred to Paypal secure pages once the checkout process is completed. You can purchase goods from Strata Books store with money held in your PayPal account balance (Paypal account holders) or use another payment method such as a credit card, debit card or your bank account. Please select your preferred option at checkout.
3.2 Payment is taken at the point of ordering for all items including Pre-order items. Sales taxes, where applicable, are included in the price of the product.
3.3 You undertake that all details you provide for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is yours.
3.4 Your contract for purchases made through this Site is with Strata Entertainment Ltd. Your credit/debit card statement will show transactions made at Strata Books website as ‘Strata Shop’.
If any provision of these Terms shall be held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining parts of these Terms and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected.