Website Terms & Conditions of Use (SEL – 13/8/14)
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- The content of some pages of this website is not suitable for children. If you aged under 18 please seek parental guidance before accessing this website.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
- Music & Book Piracy is theft. Please respect the Artists hard work and creativity by purchasing legitimate copies of recorded and printed material and continuing to support their work.
Privacy – How We Use Your Information
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website. Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal data you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws. Strata Entertainment Ltd is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data, or if you have any other privacy-related questions, please contact us using our contact page form.
When contacting us, please remember to quote your name and contact details along with any order or correspondence reference you may have.
Children: We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
The personal data we collect about you
We may collect some or all the following personal data about you:
- your name, age and sex;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- your communication and shopping preferences;
- your browsing and online shopping activities; and
- your date of birth.
We may also collect some or all of the above personal data about you when you access and browse this Website including when you sign up to receive Strata Books newsletters.
How we may store and use your information
Strata Entertainment Ltd (and third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS and e-mail) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
In addition, we may collect anonymised details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details that we collect for these purposes.
In the event that a third party acquires all or part of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal data to that third party in connection with the acquisition. Furthermore, we reserve the right to disclose your personal data to third parties as part of any business or asset sale carried out because Strata Entertainment has gone into insolvency or any similar situation, but only where lawful and compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may also disclose your personal data where necessary to comply with applicable law or an order of a governmental or law enforcement body.
What’s A Cookie?
Cookies are small, usually randomly encoded, text files that help your browser navigate through a website. The cookie file is generated by the site you’re browsing and is accepted and processed by your computer’s browser software. The cookie file is stored in your browser’s local folder or subfolder.
Your browser accesses the cookie file again when you visit the website that created the cookie file. The browser uses the information stored in the cookie file to help ease your navigation of the website by letting you sign in automatically or remembering settings you selected during your earlier visits to the website, among many other functions.
Any particular website cannot access information on your computer other than its cookie. The cookie is not executable code so it doesn’t have any “life” of its own, other than being used by the website that created it. A cookies use is limited to helping your browser process the information located on the website.
- to enable us to simplify the signing in process for registered users
- to help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users
- to provide the mechanisms for online shopping
- to enable website traffic monitoring.
This information helps us analyse data about web page traffic. It also allows us to improve our website so we can make it more responsive to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis.
E-mail newsletter preferences and text alerts
We provide you with the ability to control whether or not to receive e-mail newsletters. To unsubscribe from an email newsletter, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter you have received from Strata Books.